Sunday 26 July 2015

Dream Time Quick Sand

My days were long and tiring. Filming key writers like Sharon Olds, Thomas Keneally and Tracy Farr for my "journey" documentary turned ever quickly into bitter sweet quick sand.

My partner and I would be spending late nights planning out our days and interview questions, with days spent honing into presentations to start filming at the right time to capture the topic of conversation that would work with our film. The spirit was there, willing and fighting, loving so much of what these writers were painting all over the audiences faces. Smiling. But, we had a broken smile. Working off minimal sleep and almost 98% work time. Exhausted. 

What I took away from these lectures was an SD card of footage, a memory of inspiring stories, unclear of who they belonged to and a deep desire to sleep. It was all a blur, really. I didn't think that much about what the writers said or who said it. Until I slept.

I dreamed. Every night in Mildura. I dreamt about stories and places, living out my dreams. Every morning I woke excited; inspired to write scripts and screenplays. I also woke up exhausted, every day. Unfortunately I forgot all my ideas. 

I cannot remember who exactly said it, but I am so sad that I didn't practice it. "Just write, get all your ideas out onto paper and don't think". 

If I had done that at least my dreams would still be real and not lost in a dream time quick sand. 


No comments:

Post a Comment